domingo, 20 de agosto de 2017

MX Linux saves the day

Last Friday, when I was working in my office, a colleague asked me for help.
She had turned on the new desktop computer (a Windows 10 machine) and, as she didn't have a user, she was barred out.  That was bad for her because she wanted to print urgently.
I don't have a user on that machine, either.  However, Megatotoro had made a bootable pendrive with MX Linux for me, so I plugged it in and started the OS.
Once inside, configuring the printer was a snap since I found the same tool I use in Mageia.  I selected the wrong driver at first, but got the right one on my second attempt.
I printed her documents and she was amazed and thankful.  I was glad my first time with MX Linux went well.
Oh, and her file was an .odt she made with LibreOffice!

2 comentarios:

And the Magic is Ready!

Two weeks ago, DistroWatch reported that Mageia 9 had been released. Back then, I was swamped with work and, even when the Mageia notifier ...