martes, 26 de mayo de 2015

Good-bye, Mandriva!

It is official: Mandriva S.A. is being liquidated (in French).
After a long struggle, Mandriva S.A. comes to an end on June 2, 2015 and, with its demise, the venerable Linux distro that made me migrate from Windows also disappears.

Mandriva is dead!  Long live Mandriva!
I think that it is sad that the Mandriva star twinkles no more in the OS universe, but it is good that other distros can continue with its legacy: Mageia, OpenMandriva Lx and, up to a certain extent, PCLinuxOS.

This is the way of life.  Nothing stays forever... What a weird coincidence that I am dressed all in black today.

Many things have changed since I first used Mandriva.  Some of those changes were for the better, some others were not.

Now let's see what else the future brings. 



1 comentario:

  1. Adapting the words of the great philosopher Homer Simpson, no person should outlive his/her favorite Linux distro! I'm in the same boat with MEPIS...

    I envy Windows users...why? Because Windows was born dead. :P

    ResponderEliminar

And the Magic is Ready!

Two weeks ago, DistroWatch reported that Mageia 9 had been released. Back then, I was swamped with work and, even when the Mageia notifier ...